Hubby & little miss often ask me to make Anzac biscuits, for some reason I always think they are too difficult so don't bother....But as Anzac Day approaches and I try to be baketastic I thought why not!
Turns out they are easy and also delish.
For these you will need....
1 cup plain flour
1 cup rolled oats
3/4 cup desiccated coconut
3/4 cup caster sugar
1 tablespoon golden syrup
1 1/2 teaspoons bicarb soda
2 tablespoons boiling water
Once you have gathered all of the above, you will need to do the following:
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees Celsius. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Place flour, oats, coconut and sugar in a bowl and mix until combined.
- Combine butter and golden syrup in a microwavable jug and microwave on high for about 30 seconds (this will differ depending on your microwave) until the butter is melted. Give it a stir.
- Mix the bicarb soda with boiling water, add to the melted butter and golden syrup. Be prepared as it will froth up.
- Add this to the flour mixture, stir until combined.
- Shape level tablespoons of mixture into balls and flatten slightly. Place onto the prepared trays, about 6cms apart.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden. Remove from the oven, stand for 2 minutes.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
Now you can enjoy an Anzac bickie (or three) with a lovely cup of tea :)