Thursday, July 18, 2013

Do you have a dream?

Image credit
In the Tangled adaption of Rapunzel, she has a dream! Her dream is to see the floating lanterns gleam.

The roughens in the Inn also have dreams; concert pianist, love connection, florist, interior designer, mime, cupcakes, knitting, sewing, puppet shows, and ceramic unicorns.

And the spunky Flynn Ryder wants to be on a island all alone with an enormous pile of money. (I am sure everyone has had this one.)

Little miss and I recently watched Tangled and I started thinking about dreams as I watched Rapunzel chase her floating lanterns.

Recently the lovely Megan @ http://writingloud.blogspot.com.au/ and Jodi @ http://www.jfgibson.com.au/ have written about finding your passion. I love the writing of these two ladies, it always gets me thinking. These posts were no different, so I also started to think what is my passion? Have I found it yet?

Some people seem so sure about their passions and dreams. They spend their lives living them. Athletes, actors, scientists, artists, all vehemently declare their passions and dreams.

There are a lot of things I am passionate about. My family, my friends, the Rabbitohs, chocolate mousse, a glass of red with my spaghetti bolognese to name a few.

As I think more and more about it, I realise that since starting this blog, writing has become a passion for me.

Such is this passion, I have also recently started writing a book. My dream would be to see it published.

With a lot of hard work and a lot more time I could possibly turn this dream into reality, couldn't I? Because it would be a dream to see my own book published. Sitting on the shelf alongside the likes of JK Rowling. Can you imagine!

Well, at the moment I can dream. Just like you. Because dreams are free.

What is your dream? Has it become a reality?





14 comments:

  1. Thanks Sam :)
    And congrats on deciding to write a book. Wow! What a fantastic ride you have ahead of you. Can't wait to follow you along x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jodi!
      I have been following your writing journey and it has inspired me.

      Delete
  2. Good for you, Sam. Keep on dreaming big and bold. I would love to see your book on the shelves too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sam, I have been following Jodi, Megan, Kelly Exeter & Allison Tait in order to absorb any writing tips that may improve my own writing. My blog is my passion too, but has taken me awhile to get to identify what I need to do to make it work. Best wishes in achieving your dream. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa. I too follow Kelly and Allison! I think they are great. I have been loving Allison's interviews of late and have learnt so much from them.

      Delete
  4. Best of luck with writing your book, it is great to do something that you enjoy, I'm sure I will see it on the bookshop shelves very soon and that your dream will become a reality. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of my dreams looks like it might be becoming reality! Fingers tightly crossed. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is simply awesome! Congratulations :) xo

      Delete
  6. Having a passion is one of the keys to happiness I believe. I recently started my own business. It's early days yet but essentially I travelled to the other side of the world where I had an epiphany to bring delight to children through magical toys that inspire the best in their childhood - their imagination. I don't know how it's happened but I've done it ... I wrote a post about it, it was called 'backing yr dreams' ... I think once you back yr dreams you can start plotting their reality (where some of the sweat starts) ... You sound like you are backing your dreams ... Go girl x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THanks! and congratulations with your business. I really hope it goes well. xo

      Delete
  7. That is so cool Sam - can you give us a clue what the book is about - or is it a secret - that is just fantastic! My dreams are a long way from happening, but for now I'll be happy with healthy kids and just getting through each day without going insane :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Em, I keep changing my mind about it. I start writing and then change this and that! But it will be a Young Adult book.

      Delete