Sunday, May 7, 2017

The week that was....EIGHTEEN


What a manic week! I have hit the weekend totally exhausted.

It started like any other - Monday night dinner at the neighbours, always fantastic. Tuesday passed by rather uneventfully. Then my boss arrived from New Zealand on Wednesday, it seems to always be hectic when he is in town - especially at the moment as we stare down the barrel of a team restructure and a massive migration.

Wednesday night we had a farewell for one of our execs. It was a cruise around the harbour on a very glamorous motor yacht that is currently owned by the previous CEO of my company......


and yep, this really is a photo of the actual boat, which is for sale, so it could be yours for $6.75 million. 

Thursday evening I dined with my wonderfully wonderful BFF, Mrs M, who is heading off on her nine month around Australia adventure this weekend. I was in complete denial that it was happening until this week - you see for the past 20 odd years we have lived about 20 minutes max away from each other (give or take a year here or there for Hong Kong and Eurpoean adventures) - so it hit me like a tonne of bricks falling from a great height. Especially because they may not be returning to Sydney to live when the adventure is over......but never say never. 


And it doesn't really matter where we are in the world, we will always be there for each other, no matter what.

The weekend sun shone over Saturday and Sunday which was lovely. Saturday we had both sets of Mr & Mrs C's over and their gorgeous boys for a BBQ lunch - of course it was lovely. After a few grown-up beverages Hubby decided it was a good idea to run and jump over the pool fence into the pool - he survived unscathed....which is very lucky for him.

My list of ten

Move - I actually went for a walk  this week - not just incidental walking!

Meditate - Loving my train trip meditations.

Kind - Meditating and walking is being kind to myself.

Connect - Definitely connected this week.

Food - Currently I am addicted to https://iquitsugar.com/ and https://wholefoodsimply.com in an attempt to make some healthy snacks for everyone.

Flow - Still going with the flow.

Blog -  Still blogging my little heart out. Seriously I love it.

Budget - Sticking to it.

Fun - Lots of fun this week.

How was your week?


{image}

No comments:

Post a Comment