Wednesday, January 20, 2016

#iquitsugar Choc-zilla Smoothie


As part of my eating better, wholesome lifestyle I have been trying out some new lunchtime smoothies.

The latest was Sarah Wilson's "I quit sugar" Choc-zilla Smoothie.....but I didn't have Chocolate Protein Powder so I improvised.

Mine looked like this for an individual serve....

1/2 cup almond milk
1/4 avocado
1/2 cup frozen blueberries
1/2 tbsp almond spread
2 tsp organic cacao powder (Sarah had "a serve of Chocolate protein powder" instead)

I basically put it all in my smoothie maker - a cheaper version of a Mix'n'Go - and blitzed it.

I had to add some water as mine was a bit thick...probably due to the avocado, as I halved all the other ingredients but kept the 1/4 avocado.

My verdict - extremely nutty, perhaps I should have added more cacao or actually used the Chocolate Protein Powder because Sarah Wilson's definitely looks a lot more chocolatey than mine.

Tried this smoothie? Would you?


No comments:

Post a Comment