Friday, August 30, 2013

I'm working on me...

image from here
Recently I have been in a bit of a funk, as does happen from time to time.

Unfortunately this was a longer than usual funk and the words extremely exhausted have been uttered on many an occasion. I really feel like my body needs a complete overhaul.

I have been, and still am, coming to terms with my erratic hormones and my poor body image. As such I have visited my GP and psychiatrist to seek some advice.

I had blood tests to check various levels of this and that and everything came back a-okay. My psychiatrist simply said, "You are doing too much and are exhausted. Your energy isn't moving through your body, it is stagnant."

Both doctors came up with plans going forward.....

Take the oral contraceptive pill to help tame my out-of-control post-baby hormones. Tick.

Walk, swim or cycle at least three times a week. Tick. Tick. Tick.

Pilates or Yoga once a week. I am going to tackle Pilates as I have some residual back issues from my pregnancy and it will help more than Yoga, as well as being relaxing. Tick.

Visit an acupuncturist (yep, I love acupuncture) to discuss treatment and possible herbs to get my energy flowing again. Tick.

Think of my body as something that does things and achieves them, not as something to simply look at. I am going to focus on the fact that my body walks, runs, hops, skips, jumps and has given me two beautiful little people. Tick.

It is time to work on me so I can become a better version of myself and also a better wife, mum, daughter sister and friend. The total overhaul starts now!

Have you ever felt in need of a body overhaul? What did you do?






No comments:

Post a Comment