This year's birthday party theme is Halloween. I also love a party theme! (when do we stop having themed birthday parties??)
One of Little Miss 4's favourite things is CRAFT!
So I combined her love of craft and my love of party planning and decided to make some Halloweeny things.
The first thing we made are fuzzy friendly spiders.
What we needed:
- 7 or 10cm foam ball for each spider - this is the body
- Black wool/yarn
- 16 paddle pop sticks for each spider - these become the legs
- Crafts glue
- 40 pipe cleaners for each spider - you use these to cover the legs (we used coloured pipe cleaners but you can also just use black)
- 2 googly eyes for each spider
How we made them:
- Wind the black wool/yarn around the foam ball, alternating directions until fully covered.
- Glue the paddle pop sticks into eight wide V shapes and allow to dry completely.
- Once dry, wind pipe cleaners around each leg. For us, it took five pipe cleaners per leg. Leave a gap at one end uncovered so you can push the leg into the foam ball.
- Press the uncovered ends of the legs into the sides of foam ball. Place four legs on each side of the ball.
- Stick the googly eyes on and there you have your spider.