Sunday, January 27, 2013

I have a new man in my life

He consumes my thoughts 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

He is gorgeous.

He looks at me with such loving eyes and holds my hand so tightly.

He is my son and was born 2 weeks ago.

I had forgotten how exhausting and unpredictable newborns are. How one day is never the same as the next. Something that works today will not work tomorrow or even a week from now. The fact that sometimes no matter what you do they won't stop crying and you have no idea why.

The fact that some days you count the days until they are no longer newborns and other days you wish you could hold them in your arms forever and that they never grew older.

And so our adventure begins....

What are your thoughts on newborns?


3 comments:

  1. Congratulations Sam! Enjoy these precious moments

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jodi. Hope you are well and settling into your new place.

      Delete
  2. Ah Sam, and now he's five months old and fat and beaming no doubt. I prefer them this age to newborn I have to confess! Thanks for Rewinding.

    ReplyDelete