Friday, July 8, 2016

{Life} WE LOVE INDIGENOUS MUSIC!



The kids, hubby and I all love music. Our taste in music may vary - a lot in some cases. But our love is equal.

I recently blogged about the relaxing power of music,  http://alifeonvenus.blogspot.com.au/2016/06/life-five-ways-to-help-you-relax.html.

If you love music too, you are also in good company...

Charles Darwin is documented as saying, “If I had my life to live over again, I would have made a rule to read some poetry and listen to some music at least once every week.”

Albert Einstein has been said to have declared, “If I were not a physicist, I would probably be a musician.”

Jimmy Hendrix called music his “religion.”

Research has also proved that when you listen to music you like, your brain releases dopamine, a “feel-good” neurotransmitter. It has also been found to help with insomnia, make you run faster, lower stress levels, reduce stress levels and strengthen your learning and memory.

In an effort to assist you in releasing some dopamine goodness, I am sharing a music playlist that recently aired on Triple J Breakfast.

As part of NAIDOC week,  Briggs and Trials (A.B. Original) took over the Triple J airwaves on Friday morning.  They played all of their favourite tunes by Indigenous artists and in the words of Trials, they put up "three hours of very good music, very black music, celebrating black excellence, which is what NAIDOC is all about."

Here it is and it is AWESOME!



{image}

No comments:

Post a Comment