I recently found a gluten free mueli on Eat Drink Paleo, so decided to give it a crack and it is delish!
This is how I did it...and I used my Thermomix but you could also use your food processor.
4 cups mixed almonds, hazelnuts, macadamia and brazil nuts
2/3 cups dried fruit (I used goji berries, cranberries and apricots)
1/2 cup pepitas
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
2/3 desiccated coconut
1/2 cup coconut flakes
2 tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp rice malt syrup
1 tbsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp chia seeds
- Preheat oven to 165 degrees Celsius.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Add the nuts and dried fruit to the TM bowl with lid and MC, blitz for 10 seconds on speed 8. (You can always blitz longer if you want smaller pieces)...
- Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the nut mixture, excluding the chia seeds.
- Mix well and break down any clumps.
- Spoon the mixture into the baking tray and flatten out.
- Put it in the oven and bake in three stages...
- About 12 minutes and then stir the mixture.
- Then 8-10 minutes and then re-stir the mixture.
- Finally for 4-5 minutes.