Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Splendour in the Grass!


The 2015 Splendour in the Grass line has just been announced. Ahhh, to be heading to Byron Bay for a three day music festival with your nearest and dearest.

Alas, it won't be me.

I am, however, reminded of that one time when it was me.

Back in 2007 I made the trek with two of my favourite people, Hubby and Mrs M.

At this time in my life, Hubby and I had been trying to get pregnant for a while. Failed attempt, after failed attempt of fertility treatment was taking its toll.

We ummed and arhed about going to Splendour but in the end we decided "what the heck, you only live once" and all that guff....so off we went.

During this time I was trying to be extremely healthy in the hope it would assist getting us pregnant. Therefore, I am the only person in the history of Splendour that has been completely sober! Such an eye opening experience.

One advantage of this was that I only had to use the port-a-loo once. But I guess if I was drunk or on something the whole port-a-loo concept may not have been quiet that disgusting.

We saw some awesome bands; Operator Please, Hilltop Hoods, Josh Pyke, Arctic Monkeys, Gotye, and The Shins...to name but a few.

We stayed at a local caravan/camp ground in a "cabin" made of some kind of metal. Basically a tin can with an extremely small bathroom glued on the side. It was freezing at night, we slept in all our clothes, beanies included and had the privilege of hearing the comings and goings of the teenagers in the tent outside.

And what to say about Byron Bay. Simply gorgeous.

One month after returning from Byron Bay and our Splendour experience, I was pregnant with our little miss.

Are you going to Splendour this year?
Have you ever been?



No comments:

Post a Comment