These cookies are freezable, which is one of the reasons I wanted to give them a go. Just wrap them individually in glad wrap and pop several of them in a zip-lock bag before putting them in the freezer. They will thaw in the kids lunchbox by recess.
They are also healthy :)
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup wholemeal plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup carrot, finely grated
- 1/4 cup sultanas
- 1/4 cup apricots, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
Then you'll need to....
- Preheat over to 180 degrees Celsius. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Sift flours, baking powder and cinnamon into a bowl and mix.
- Stir in oats, carrot, sultanas, apricots, coconut, chia seeds and apple sauce.
- Stir through the oil until just combined.
- Take tablespoons full of mixture and roll into balls, place on the baking tray. Flatten each ball with a fork.
- Bake 20 minutes.