I never thought putting together a lunchbox could be so darn difficult. I search pinterest for inspiration and ideas and have mainly found gourmet dishes that would no doubt fall out all over the ground or be thrown around the playground.
Banana choc-chip wholemeal muffins
Thanks to the lovely Bron at Maxabella Loves, this week little miss is going to school with some choc-chip banana wholemeal muffins.
And thanks Bron for the tips on freezing these and using during the week.
For a newbie lunchboxer all that can be confusing about what you can and can't freeze and how long it takes to defrost.
1/2 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 zucchini, grated
2 spring onions, finely chopped
2 cups grated cheese
1 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
Then you will need to do....
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees Celsius. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Whisk together the milk and egg. Add the paprika, zucchini, spring onions and cheese.
- Sift over the flour. Mix well (it will become a thick pastey consistency).
- Dollop out tablespoon portions on to the baking tray.
- Bake 20 minutes until brown and cooked through.