Monday, February 17, 2014

#everdaypeople three

Proving we are all unique individuals with unique experiences....but we all wipe our bum in some way. 

 My project....to get to know people better, find out why they think they are unique, what advice they would give and if they scrunch or fold their toilet paper...etc.


This week on the blog is my gorgeous friend, Joe (pictured above with her little man).

I am not completely sure how long I have known her. We danced at the same dance school for many years growing up, I was at one location and she was at another.

Eventually the two locations combined and we become friends. There is a group of us that have stayed close,  even though most of us don't dance anymore - but some still do. They are all unique women with tremendous qualities. Eventually, I hope they all appear on my #everydaypeople.

The last few years have brought Joe and I closer. Without this wonderful ladies support, love, kindness and generosity of heart, goodness knows if I would have made it through. I am so grateful that our paths crossed and we are sharing the journey together now.

When and where were you born?
5 Nov, 1978 at the Royal Hospital for Women, Paddington, Sydney. (Guy Fawkes night)!

What is your favourite song and why?
I am a closet INXS fan. 'Never tear us apart' is one of my favourite songs. I love the line "cos we all have wings, some of us don't know why"....

What is your favourite movie and why?
My school friends and I used to watch Dirty Dancing every other weekend in our early teens so this holds special memories! The movie 'Philadelphia' had a huge impact on me, I found it very overwhelming. I love all of Edward Norton's movies, I think he is awesome.

What is your favourite book and why?
This is a tricky one, I seriously love reading. 'Captain Correli's Mandolin' by Louis de Bernières is a favourite read. One of those books where you get transported and feel connected to the characters. Recently I enjoyed The Rosie Project as I could relate the main character to some of my clients.

What are you passionate about?
Being a mum and being kind to others. I strive to be a positive role model to my two gorgeous boys. I am trying to instil in them a strong sense of social justice and to be kind little beings.

What do you think makes you unique?
Probably only my finger prints ;)
I am one of the only people I know that honestly loves their work (school psychologist). I enjoy the challenge and feel privileged to be in a position where people share their stories with me. It is fulfilling being able to make small differences here and there.

What advice would you give people?
I don't think giving advice as such is helpful. I think active and empathetic listening is much more important and helps people come around to their own conclusions.

Do you scrunch or fold?
Fold!

Do you know what your friends think makes them unique?
Do you know what they are passionate about?

No comments:

Post a Comment