Friday, November 1, 2013

Choose your own adventure


I blogged last Sunday about just having to jump and hinted that I was starting something new.

For a long while I have procrastinated about doing more freelance writing in my spare time. I am not sure what spare time is, as I have a job (part-time) and am also a parent. I guess this is why I have procrastinated so long about it. That and the fact I have discovered it takes an incredible amount of courage to jump!

But after a few things that have happened recently, namely helping a friend with the copy on his website and loving it and then Hubby having his "episode". I thought, "Life might be too short so stop procrastinating and just give it a go because you enjoy it".

So, last night I got up the courage to actual do it. I am still extremely nervous and as I write this post I feel little butterflies dancing in my stomach. But I have done it - I have kicked off my freelance writing website and Facebook page!

At first I will concentrate on technical writing, copywriting and blog articles and hopefully expand into magazines.

Who knows if I will ever write anything for anyone expect my wonderful friend and my employer. But you know what now I won't die wondering. I have chosen my own adventure!

If you want to check out my website, it is www.samanthastone.com.au and my Facebook page is https://www.facebook.com/writersamanthastone.

Have you chosen your own adventure?
What marvellous places did it take you?




No comments:

Post a Comment