Monday, October 21, 2013

The stress test

image credit
Last Friday Hubby had yet another test to try to figure out what is going on with his heart. It was a stress test.

What is a stress test? I hear you ask.

Well, basically the doctors hook him up to a heart monitor, make him run on a treadmill going at 8km per hour, with an incline for 20 minutes. After the 20 minutes they lay him down and do an ultrasound on his heart.

That is a stress test.

For me, the stress test has been the last week and a half of my life. If I had been hooked up to a heart monitor I can't even begin to imagine the readings they would have gotten. But I don't think they would have been ideal.

Hubby aced his stress test though! Insert massive "WOOT, WOOT" here! That is one test passed. We were ecstatic and totally relieved.

After his stress test the doctor spoke to him about his next appointment and if he would like to see her a week after his MRI or after his sees his other cardiologist in November. He said to her, "my wife would want the one a week after the MRI".

She came to see me in the waiting room, I told her we would be back one week after the MRI. No doubt she thinks I am a completely whackadoodle, but my care factor about that is less than zero. We want answers and sooner rather than later.

His MRI is Wednesday morning and we are hoping he aces this test as well. If only he could study for it.

What would be your stress test?
Have you ever had to do a stress test?



No comments:

Post a Comment