Wednesday, October 9, 2013

I LOVE to laugh!

image credit

Who doesn't though, right?

In my humble opinion one of the funniest ladies on the face of the planet is Julia Louis-Dreyfus. She is most famously known for playing Elaine Benes in Seinfeld, which happens to be my all time favourite show. She commonly plays fiesty women. Maybe that is why I find her so fabulous, I love to attempt emulating fiesty, strong, funny women.

Recently, Hubby and I started watching her latest offering, VEEP.

The storyline goes "Former Senator Selina Meyer has accepted the call to serve as Vice President of the United States. The job is nothing like she imagined and everything she was warned about. 'Veep' follows Meyer and her staff as they attempt to make their mark and leave a lasting legacy, without getting tripped up in the day-to-day political games that define Washington."

I have to admit, I haven't laughed this hard for a while. I am talking about the kind of laugh when you can hardly breathe, you definitely can't speak and you could possibly pee your pants at any moment.

The episodes are fast paced, mostly they are trying extremely hard to cover their arses because one of them has caused a major balls-up, cue hilarity.

The cast is also a winner in my book. Julia Louis-Dreyfus is joined by Tony Hale, who played Buster in Arrested Development (another show I loved), he plays her personal aide and I do see touches of Buster in this character. Anna Chlumsky of My Girl fame plays her Chief of Staff and is very quick and witty. The cast all play off each other well and there is a lot of funny improvisation going on.

So if you need a good laugh...and who doesn't! Check out VEEP.

What shows do you think are funny? 
Who are actors that seem to always make you laugh?


No comments:

Post a Comment