Sunday, August 4, 2013

The new favourite...

As I title this post I am trying to think what the old favourite was but can't for the life of me figure it out.

I know what meals have not been the old favourite because they have been met with, "I am not eating that, it is disgusting." Thanks little miss. At times like this I have to explain that it hurts Mummy's feelings when she has cooked a healthy meal for her family and is told that it is disgusting before anyone has even tasted it.

What is with that? Kids!

Anyway, the other night I had some left-over sausages and really didn't want to just BBQ them - as BBQ sausages seem to be at least one of the meals each week in this house.

I turned to my trusty friend and new addiction Pinterest and found a recipe for a sausage casserole. The recipe was all arse about but I had all the ingredients it listed and didn't think it would take that long to cook - a must for me - so I pieced it together and cooked for the family and it was met with enthusiasm!

I couldn't believe it. I thought because it was new it would be poo-hoo'd!

Little miss had three serves and Hubby had two. And that is a winner in my books, so I thought I would share it here....

Recipe for the new favourite Sausage Casserole



Ingredients

3 medium potatoes
1-2 tbsp olive oil
4 sausages, cut into 1cm pieces with the skin left on
2 tin diced tomato
1 red capsicum, cut into strips
1 small onion, diced
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 beef stock cube

Method

  1. Parboil the potatoes. (If you leave them to cook with the casserole, you could be waiting a while.)
  2. Heat oil in a large saucepan over moderate heat, add the onion, garlic and capsicum. Fry them until slightly softened.
  3. Add the sausages and cook until browned.
  4. Add the tin tomatoes and crumble in the beef stock cube.
  5. Reduce the heat to allow to simmer gently.
  6. Once the casserole has reduced to a consistency you are happy with, add your potatoes and stir to heat through.
  7. Serve in a large bowl.

And there you have it.....watch out Hubby and little miss, you will probably be getting this once a week now ;)

What is your families favourite meal at the moment?

No comments:

Post a Comment