I know what meals have not been the old favourite because they have been met with, "I am not eating that, it is disgusting." Thanks little miss. At times like this I have to explain that it hurts Mummy's feelings when she has cooked a healthy meal for her family and is told that it is disgusting before anyone has even tasted it.
What is with that? Kids!
Anyway, the other night I had some left-over sausages and really didn't want to just BBQ them - as BBQ sausages seem to be at least one of the meals each week in this house.
I turned to my trusty friend and new addiction Pinterest and found a recipe for a sausage casserole. The recipe was all arse about but I had all the ingredients it listed and didn't think it would take that long to cook - a must for me - so I pieced it together and cooked for the family and it was met with enthusiasm!
I couldn't believe it. I thought because it was new it would be poo-hoo'd!
Little miss had three serves and Hubby had two. And that is a winner in my books, so I thought I would share it here....
Recipe for the new favourite Sausage Casserole
Ingredients3 medium potatoes
1-2 tbsp olive oil
4 sausages, cut into 1cm pieces with the skin left on
2 tin diced tomato
1 red capsicum, cut into strips
1 small onion, diced
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 beef stock cube
- Parboil the potatoes. (If you leave them to cook with the casserole, you could be waiting a while.)
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over moderate heat, add the onion, garlic and capsicum. Fry them until slightly softened.
- Add the sausages and cook until browned.
- Add the tin tomatoes and crumble in the beef stock cube.
- Reduce the heat to allow to simmer gently.
- Once the casserole has reduced to a consistency you are happy with, add your potatoes and stir to heat through.
- Serve in a large bowl.
And there you have it.....watch out Hubby and little miss, you will probably be getting this once a week now ;)