Friday, February 8, 2013

It all started with a Big Bang!

I think I have a crush. (Apart from the obvious crush I have on Hubby - that just goes without saying.)

Currently my TV therapy is The Big Bang Theory.

In case you need the back story, I seem to turn to TV shows, movies and books to escape the reality of my own life and live someone else's for just a bit. When I had Little Miss 4, I watched the entire series of Friends and then Scrubs (totally love Zach Braff and Donald Faison). My all time favourite TV therapy staple is Seinfeld, I will always return to it.

Anyway, I have started watching The Big Bang Theory from Season 1 - I have never actually watched any of the episodes in order as free-to-air TV plays them randomly at best - and I have to admit to having a bit of a crush on Dr Sheldon Cooper.

Image from here

He totally cracks me up! His social ineptness, blunt honesty, his idiosyncrasies and the belief he is superior would drive anyone crazy - but like I mentioned earlier....this ain't my reality! I love to watch the effect he has on those around him.

This is coupled with his "bazingas", heh heh heh laugh and child like qualities, such as not being able to look after himself when he is sick, his love of the song "soft kitty, warm kitty", comic books, action figures, dress-ups and computer games....making me want to just give him a big hug.

I do wonder what it would be like to meet Dr Cooper for a longer period than just a half hour time slot and also if there is anyone that even remotely resembles him, although apparently the character was inspired by a computer programmer whom series co-creator Bill Prady knew.

Hmmm, Hubby is a computer programmer.

Do you have a Dr Sheldon Cooper in your life? or a therapeutic TV show?





No comments:

Post a Comment