Friday, October 5, 2012

To find out or to not find out...is that the question?

The first thing people ask when you are pregnant is, "Do you know what you are having?". I am one of these people.

We don't know and we didn't find out with Little Miss 4 either.

Even Little Miss 4 gets quizzed, "Do you know what Mummy is having?" to which she replies, "No, we have to wait until after Christmas to find out!". I was talking to one of her carers at  daycare yesterday and she mentioned how Little Miss 4 now answers this question with some vehemence, I presume because she is asked so often by the other kids and parents. 

I am certainly not opposed to finding out the sex of an unborn child, Hubby and I just never really spoke about finding out. After the long process to conceive Bubs#2, which ended with IVF,  I think we were just too exhausted and relieved that FINALLY we were pregnant to talk about anything!


There are certainly pros for finding out; buying clothes, painting rooms, and preparing siblings. And also pros for not finding out; the surprise and elation at the end a presumably long arduous labour.

I have some friends who have found out at 20 weeks and some who haven't for their own personal varying reasons. And I have been happy for all of them.

Would you find out the sex, and why?


Image from here

No comments:

Post a Comment