Wednesday, September 26, 2012

The non-traffic in the school holidays

The non-traffic in the school holidays


I love driving to work in the school holidays, the traffic is amazing. What can sometimes take me an hour, takes me about 20 minutes.
However, I am always baffled by the amount of people that aren't driving during the school holidays, where do all these people go?


  • Are they teachers?
  • Do they have no need to drop their kids to school?
  • Are they actual school kids?
  • Are they parents having holidays with their kids? (and if this is the case I would like to know how they get 12 weeks holiday a year, because I need that job for when my daughter reaches school.)
  • Or clearly the most likely - a combination of all of the above.
I am definitely lulled into a false sense of security for the time it takes me to get to work during this time, and therefore I get later and later each day in leaving the house - and therefore getting a precious 5, 10 even 15 minutes sleep each day. 

Only to be brought back to earth with a great big thud when school goes back and it is taking me an hour again....and I am late to work.

Do you leave for work later in the school holidays too?

[image from here]

No comments:

Post a Comment