Friday, May 1, 2015

User eXperience


I love people. I find them fascinating. What makes them tick, why do they do certain things a particular way? So when I skipped off to do a User eXperience Design course this week I was smiling from ear to ear.

Basically, UX involves a person's behaviours, attitudes and emotions about using a particular product, system or service.

The key course objectives  were to understand the value and importance of UX Design and learn about all things UX and implementing UX tools and methodologies.

We touched on human characteristics, online behaviour, and design implications. As well as theory and principles of interaction design. Our instructor showed us various tools and methods relevant to websites, intranets, web applications, forms and mobile web.

I simply can't talk highly enough of the things I learnt and how highly inspiring I found the lecturer.

It was great to be around like minded people who all really believe that it is important to know your users, ask them how they do things, how they expect things to work.

A great quote from the course - Test early and test often with your users.

After all, your users are your biggest asset. And I can even put some of my teachings in to my blog :)

What are your thoughts on User eXperience?

{image credit}

No comments:

Post a Comment