Friday, May 8, 2015

Are we all we are?


Rumble, tumble, rumble, tumble. Deep breath. Rumble, tumble.

Life just carries on, doesn't it. We rumble and tumble from one stage to the next, each day rolls from one to the next, time goes by seemingly unnoticed. We take breaks to breath every now and then, just to get back on the rumble, tumble road of our existence.

On my own rumble, tumble, I feel myself getting more philosophical. Wondering, Are We All We Are? Is it age? Is it my kids? Is it both? I am not sure. But my thinking has definitely changed from where it was ten years ago.

I wonder if there is more to this life? Should I be doing something more? Helping more. Changing the lives of others in a positive way.

What more could I do? What difference could I make?

I would love to be more of a humanitarian, a philanthropist. Giving my time to charitable causes to help people. Travelling to far off lands to make the world a better place.

As I hear the news of parts of the world in utter turmoil, people needlessly dying and in poverty, children suffering. It is heart wrenching. There has to be more I can do to lend a hand to others.

And why can't I! Small steps to begin with, as unfortunately I don't see travelling to far off lands making the world a better place in my near future. But I can start close to home.

Starting with helping to Close the Gap and not the Communities by writing a letter to the Indigenous Affairs Minister, Nigel Scullian and WA Premier Colin Barnett. to stop the closure of remote Aboriginal communities. https://act.oxfam.org/australia/close-the-gap-not-the-communities-letter.

And this is just the start.

Do you have a regular charity you help?
Are you a humanitarian?
Do you think we are all we are?



No comments:

Post a Comment