Saturday, December 28, 2013

My personal bests of 2013

As the sun starts to set on the year 2013, many magazines and websites are listing the "Best and worst of 2013".

I thought I would do the same, except I decided to ditch the "worst" part because reliving the shitty bits is just depressing. My motto is "Focus on the positive".

Counting down from five to one, here are my personal bests of 2013....

Five - starting my own business


Taking the plunge and starting my own business was a massive highlight for me this year. Even though it was scary and nerve-racking, I did it. I clicked launch on the website and that was that - well that wasn't exactly that, there was a lot to do with setting up the website, registering for an ABN and all that adminy type stuff but that is the boring bit. 

If you haven't checked out my website, you can click the logo below :)


Four - having my first article published


Last year I completed the Magazine and Newspaper Writing Stage 1 course at the Sydney Writers Centre (now the Australian Writers Centre) and then basically did nothing. I watched the Facebook group with eager anticipation as more and more graduates had their work published. It spurred me on. 

After starting my business I decided I had procrastinated enough about features writing and just jumped. I sent a pitch to Women's Agenda and it was published. I was ecstatic.

If you haven't checked it out, here it is...


Three - celebrating eight years of marriage


Even though I seem to forget every year, our wedding anniversary is always a highlight. I love my Hubby so much. I am a lucky lady to have him in my life. He is a supportive, caring and honest man. Thanks for asking me out Hubby.



Two - little miss graduating from preschool


Number two on my best of 2013 is our little miss graduating from preschool. I can't believe that she is five and half and will be starting Kindergarten next year. I have to pinch myself sometimes that I am a mum to such a wonderfully caring, considerate little human being. 

To read about her graduation, you can check out this post - We have a preschool graduate



One - welcoming our little man into our lives


Welcoming our little man on January 10, 2013 was the number one personal best for me this year. After 18 long gruelling emotional months of fertility treatment we finally fell pregnant on our last roll of the "trying for number two" dice. 38 weeks after that, our little man came into our lives. No words can describe that feeling when you first see your baby and feel their skin on yours.


What are your personal bests of 2013?

No comments:

Post a Comment