Wednesday, September 25, 2013

One year on and going strong


WOW, the past year has flown! Even though at times it really didn't feel like it. Lots has happened. Projects around the house have been started, some have actually been finished. Our little miss turned five and our little man was born.

And, get this, one year ago today, I pushed the Publish button on my first ever blog post at my little space, A Life on Venus. Since then I have published 183 posts. Total amazeballs.

The blog post, which you can view here, was about my beloved Souths Sydney Rabbitohs. It was this time, one year ago, that Adam Reynolds pulled his hamstring and Souths were beaten in the finals by the Bulldogs. I was questioning, Does one player really make a difference?

Fast forward one year and I still occasionally blog about my beloved team. I even tried doing a Sunday Sports theme for a while but it didn't stick. It just didn't fit quite right. I tried other things that didn't quite stick either, like Trendy Tuesday and Random Acts of Kindness.

But that is the fun of it. Trying things and seeing if they work out.

In the past year, my little space in the blogosphere has changed and changed and then changed some more. No doubt it will continue to change and evolve as I do. I have learnt so much about myself, my writing and blogging. I have also "met" some really wonderful people.

I am not sure I have found my blog's niche or if I ever will.

I think it will always just be a place for me to write about whatever, whenever.

Has the last year flown by for you too?


No comments:

Post a Comment