Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Too busy Tuesday

Do you ever have those days where you don't seem to stop?

Today was one of those days for me. You seem to get to work and look at the clock to realise it is already 4pm.

I work at my paid job four days a week, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. All my other jobs I do for free.

Tuesday is normally busy for me at work - but it has become busier since Hubby banned me from logging in to work from home on the weekend and Mondays. 

I am banned because my doctor told me I needed to relax more and work less, so a good hard look at priority's was in order.

It wasn't my fault that I logged in from home though - we are under resourced at work and have multiple projects going at the same time, so obviously work is to blame!

The busyness didn't stop with work today though. Does it ever?

I had to make the dreaded trip to Medicare and HCF - I really need to work out the best time to visit these places because clearly I continually go at the busiest times, whether that be morning, lunch or afternoon. Thankfully I get my email on my phone though so the work day could continue like I hadn't even left my desk.

After work there is daycare pick-up, dinner to make, kids to be cleaned, dishes to be washed, stories to be read and good nights to be given.

So now I am on strike. I am going to park my arse on the lounge and elevate my cankles - until of course the next thing needs to be done.

Image from here
Do you have days when you wish you were on strike?




No comments:

Post a Comment