Thursday, April 23, 2015

Ten years on...

Hubby and I just ticked over ten years of marriage. Ten whole years. Holy shit!

So I put some words together....

Our ten year wedding anniversary dinner at the Kitchen table at ARIA


It kicks off on your wedding day. Everything is so shiny and new.

You’re high on hair spray, strawberry daiquiris and well wishes.

You look down the yellow brick road to your land of OZ with rose coloured glasses.

Marriage, on the other hand, is different. It is hard.

Two people entwined together with their different opinions, ideas and timelines.

Throw in a house, a mortgage, a couple of kids, a cat, two full time jobs, and all the unmentionables. 

And it becomes fucking hard! Your rose coloured glasses start to get dusty, finger prints start to impede your vision.

This is when you know you are alive. When you realise you are in this together for the long haul.

It seems that whatever life has thrown at us we have scrambled out the other side, sometimes a little tattered and bruised but always wiser, stronger and more together.

I have to thank my husband for always being supportive, loving and continually dusting off my rose coloured glasses. 

For listening to my whinges, wiping away my tears, holding me, laughing with me, and sitting beside me holding my hand on this rollercoaster of life.

How long have you been partnered?
It is hard, right?



No comments:

Post a Comment