Monday, September 1, 2014

Bruce Willis and unconditional love


I am a sucker for any movie or TV Show with Bruce Willis in it. He is the only man old enough to be my father that I would actually date. {Because that is damn likely, right!}

So, on the weekend Hubby and I watched Looper, which also stars Joseph Gordon-Levitt. And just in case you are wondering, Bruce still has it. He's is the only character that goes all "die hard" and succeeds.

Just in case you haven't heard of Looper, here is the synopsis....

In the futuristic action thriller Looper, time travel will be invented – but it will be illegal and only available on the black market. When the mob wants to get rid of someone, they will send their target 30 years into the past where a “looper” – a hired gun, like Joe (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) – is waiting to mop up. Joe is getting rich and life is good…until the day the mob decides to “close the loop,” sending back Joe’s future self (Bruce Willis) for assassination. 

I enjoyed it. Hubby is way more technically minded than little old me so was questioning the whole time travel thing. "Well, if he did this then, then that would never have happened." etc, etc. I am much simpler and just watch a movie and enjoy (or not) for what it is.

At the end of the movie, it finally dawns on Joe what he must do, he says....

"Then I saw it. I saw a mum who would die for her son. A man who would kill for his wife. A boy, angry and alone. Laid out in front of him, the bad path. I saw it. And the path was a circle. Round and round. So I changed it."

Strike me down and call me Frank! This hit me like a freight train, reached through my chest, gripped my heart and squeezed hard. The love this woman had for her child and the love Old Joe had for his wife was unconditional. No matter what, they loved and loved with everything they had.

As I thought of the love I have for my own children and my husband, I bawled my eyes out and couldn't stop. Hubby cradled me in his arms, possibly wondering how a time travel movie called Looper could result in such an emotional response.

Do you love Bruce Willis? or is it just me?
Do some movies result in emotional responses for you? especially the ones that make you think of unconditional love?


{image}

No comments:

Post a Comment