Friday, February 28, 2014

#everydaypeople four


When I first started working in my current job, about 7-8 years ago now, the first person I became friends with was Phil. We sat next to each other. My first day he was away. Everyone told me, "You'll like Phil". They were right, I did and still do.

He was the first person I started calling "Lovie".....so sorry everyone else in my life who I now call "Lovie" or "Lovely", you can blame Phil.

He is one of the most boisterous, crazy people I know. He makes me laugh a lot. I am glad he was my neighbour when I started my job and that we got to know each other so well.

This week he is my #everydaypeople....


When and where were you born?
I was born at Merewether hospital Newcastle just after 6am on the 30/05/1970. I was the unplanned love child, conceived on the honeymoon.

What is your favourite song and why?
Iron maiden – some of their songs I find deep. e.g. 2 minutes to midnight, some of the lyrics below with my thoughts in red. Also ‘Run to the hills’ is good, it’s about what white man did to the American Indians, and many other…

We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies First part (our tax $$ go developers and scientists to find more effective ways of killing people!! We pay for that! WTF). Second part (In general people are all too happy to send their children join the air force as a pilot, Army as an engineer etc…we feed the machine)
(The ‘Doomsday Clock’ is a universally recognized symbolic clock face. The closer it gets to midnight the closer we are to a global catastrophic disaster)
2 minutes to midnight
The hands that threaten doom
2 minutes to midnight
To kill the unborn in the womb
(nuclear devastation – biochemical warfare, and now we have Cyber-warfare, that could be the worst! what?‎)

The body bags and little rags of children torn in two
(In general people are all too happy to send their children join the air force as a pilot, Amy as an engineer etc…and when they engage, bang, boom it’s a bloody mess and it’s always someone’s child)

And the jellied brains of those who remain to put the finger right on you
(after any world war 3 the ones left, if its nuclear…well?)

As the madmen play on words and make us all dance to their song
(you and me happily pay taxes and our government is happy to spend billions on military. What about the homeless in AU? Most of them are homeless due to slight to acute mental illness. But let’s make the government spend $$ on inventing better ways of killing and maiming!!)

To the tune of starving millions to make a better kind of gun


(At least that’s my take on it)

What is your favourite movie and why?
Zeitgeist: The Movie.

A 2007 documentary-style film by Peter Joseph. It presents a number of conspiracy theory-based ideas, such as the Christ myth theory, conspiracy theories about the 9/11 attacks in 2001, and argues that bankers manipulate the media and international monetary system – all of which are true!!!

It’s 2 hours and very good - J most find the first bit a bit boring.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a36_CwzA0bk

http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

What is your favourite book and why?

Don’t really have a favourite, but amongst the top would be the Gunslinger from the Dark Tower sires by Stephen king. It’s got my favourite first line from any book… “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.”

‘The man in black’ sounds for formidable yet he is fleeing… this gunslinger must be one tough MF!

I like Stephen King, most of Dean Koontz and Jack Reacher series by Lee Child is very good too.

What are you passionate about?

Sci-Fi shows of all types and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a36_CwzA0bk

What do you think makes you unique?

My sense of humour J

What advice would you give people?
Be yourself if others don’t like you (it’s a given not everyone will), don’t worry they are not worth it!


Do you scrunch or fold?

Scrunch always scrunch!!

No comments:

Post a Comment