Thursday, September 27, 2012

What ails the pregnant lady...Take 1


As I approach the 24 week mark in my second pregnancy I can't help comparing my ailments between this pregnancy and my last. My first pregnancy with Little Miss 4 was thoroughly enjoyable, I was a little nauseous in the beginning weeks but then really liked being pregnant.


This current pregnancy has been completely different as I have been struck with "Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction". This "dysfunction" is caused by the hormone relaxin softening the pelvic ligaments and therefore the joint moves more causing inflammation and pain.

Let me try to explain it in non-medical terms.....it feels like my pelvis is being split in two! I must look completely comical to others though as I walk in an attempt to ease the pain. I wouldn't be surprised if I am being compared to the late great Charlie Chaplin.

Don't get me wrong though, I do love being pregnant again and I do love it when #2 moves and squirms and I know that they must be doing OK in there.

What ailments plagued you during pregnancy? What did you love?

No comments:

Post a Comment